- This event has passed.
Iceland Backcountry Ski Trip
April 19, 2022 @ 8:00 am - April 26, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$2500
Join the AMG team in Iceland to ski world-class backcountry terrain overlooking the Norwegian Sea. Our 2022 trip is based out of Hauganes near the northern tip of the Troll Peninsula. Here, in the land of the midnight sun, you will find endless opportunities to ski rarely skied lines that can even take you from summit to sea! The Troll Peninsula boasts a wide variety of terrain making it ideal for both strong intermediate and expert skiers who want to go off-piste. After a full day of touring, you can relax in geothermally heated baths and our on-site hot tub.
- Who’s it for? Strong intermediate and expert skiers/riders who have ski touring experience looking to explore one of the world’s hottest fringe ski destinations
- How we go? Participants may take this course on backcountry skis or split board
- Where do we go? We will explore the northern tip of Iceland’s Troll Peninsula seeking some of the most fabulous open faces, expensive bowls, and tight couloirs
- Why go with AMG? Acadia Mountain Guides has been traveling to Iceland since before it became one of the most sought after international ski destination
- Pre-requisites: Fitness, clothing, and equipment to ski or hike up to 8 miles round trip with a 10-pound pack on a daily basis for 7 days