Guiding and Instructing since 2019
Originally from Cape Cod, MA, Mack did not have access to mountains or climbing growing up. Her passion for outdoor education began in the early stages of her undergraduate career at the University of Maine where she studied Ecology and Environmental Science and Outdoor Leadership while also instructing trips with the outdoor education program on campus, Maine Bound Adventure Center. It was there where she gained an understanding of the benefits and implications of experiential education and her passion for wanting to share these activities with others developed. As an instructor, it is her goal to provide outdoor and nature-based educational opportunities to the underserved while fostering an inclusive, safe, and fun environment where education, growth, and lifelong learning are a priority.
In the off season, Mack works full time at the University of Maine as a program coordinator for their outdoor education center, while pursuing a master’s degree in teaching science. When she is not working, Mack can be found baking, gardening, or making earrings out of beans!
- PCIA Single Pitch Climbing Instructor and Lead Climbing Instructor
- AIARE Level 1 Avalanche Training
Medical and Rescue Credentials
- Wilderness First Responder
- American Red Cross Open Water Life Guard
- ACA Level 4 Swiftwater Rescue Skills Course
- B.S. in Environmental Sciences, Minor in Outdoor Leadership
- Studying for an M.A.T in Science Teaching